Is your smile at risk of dental damage? Although there are numerous treatments out there for a variety of oral health ailments, it’s best to deal with any problematic situations before they even begin. However, in some cases, damage to your teeth and gums happens very quickly, so you must protect your mouth from any harm that could come your way.
Listed below are some perils that are often present in our everyday lives that you should avoid or exercise caution with:
– Some food and edibles may be a bit too sturdy when bitten into, resulting in cracks, fractures, split teeth, and chips, including corn on the cob, hard candy apples, oversized candy canes, and ice.
– If you play any contact sports, make sure to use the correct safety gear to not only protect your mouth and jaw from damage but also your overall health as well.
– Never open anything with your mouth, as this is an easy way to break your teeth or slice your gums.
– Bad habits such as smoking and chewing tobacco drastically increase your risk of tooth discoloration, gum disease, and oral cancer.
– Many varieties of lip and mouth piercings are made of metal or a hard substance that can easily crack or chip your teeth, or even break off and cause infections, gum damage, and become choking hazards.
If you would like to schedule your professional cleaning at Mendez Family Dental or would like a comprehensive oral exam from Dr. Albert Mendez and our team at our dentist office in Pittsburg, Kansas, please give us a call at 620-231-6070. Come in and become a success story with a whiter, brighter smile today.